i just cant seem to get it right!!! HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all of you guys got a point. i will test my water source this week and see if that is the problem. if so, ill invest in a ro/di system. many thanks... its just iratiting how im always having some sort of algae or something going on but i guess its all part of the fun.. till it becomes a little to much.. hahaha

andy.. im verry impress with all your knowdelge and your experience. its must have ben super difficult to run a reef back than.. thanks so much for your help and comments you guys.. i will test my water this week and i will let you know the outcome.. =)

Ok so i finally went to test my water today.. AND.... yup.. water source was bad... amonia was high.. it was at 1.0... crazy huh?...and well everything else was perfect.. i just did a water change yesterday with that same water so i will b testing tonight and see what effect it had... im thinking about buying a ro/di system a saw one at BRS for like 160ish w 4 stages... any experiance with those?

I have the 5 stage ro/di from BRS. I LOVE it. It is like, 75 gph and produces amazing water. The garbage coming out of my well water is awful, but it makes it pristine.

Is there a such systenm from were i can get ro/di and drinking water?

Yes. An ro/di unit is the same type of unit you would attach to the waterline in your house to get the same result. You can actually order the pieces off of BRS when you build a unit. You end up having to having a pressurized tank hooked up to the system so when you hit the faucet you get a full glass instantly, rather than having to stand and wait.

My ubderstanding was that ro/di was u drinkable b/c it actually removes all trace elements and its bad for ur body.. i acty saw a un that u can connect to ur sink line and theres a little switch to switch between ro/di and purfied drinking water

If it was undrinkable then bottled water is murdering people. It removed everything from the water, yes, but that doesn't make it undrinkable. Some trace elements are good and some are bad. They give water "taste". But it is quite drinkable. If it wasn't, my parents and myself (we share the same well water) wouldn't be able to drink our water because of the neighbors spraying chemicals and cow manure on their corn fields.

Makes sense i guess... so how does all this ro/di unit hook up to and stuff?..

Lots of ways. There is a couple hookups for the faucet or you can simply plumb it into your waterline. I have it on my faucet adapted so I can run my dishwasher with the flip of a switch.

Cool cool... ill check em out and see whats more combinient for me

Back
Top Bottom