Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just had the scare of a lifetime

So about 4 hours ago I was acclimating my latest shipment from blue zoo aquatics. I put the last fish in about an hour ago. So I finally decide to clean the mess of drip lines and buckets up and as I'm about to pour out about an inch of water from the last bucket into my sink I see a candy stripe pistol shrimp. I ordered two and I know that I netted both and (thought) I put them in the tank. I must have been rushing and not have realized that the shrimp was stuck on the net or something and didn't get into the tank. So when I finally found the poor guy in an inch of water I panicked (again) and put him in the tank immediately. I hope my stupid mistakes didn't kill this guy but I'm hoping for the best. (and people say having a fish tank in your house is relaxing)

Old 03-14-2015, 11:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hope the best for your shrimp. I had the same thing happen to an upside down catfish. His fin got cought in the net and I thought he had swam into the tank I looked around the tank for a few minutes before realizing he was in the net. He is fine now and happy.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:17 PM   #3
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

All I'll say is if this is the scare of a lifetime you have had a very fortunate life

I hope your shrimp makes it, it sounds as if all will be well.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384 View Post
All I'll say is if this is the scare of a lifetime you have had a very fortunate life

I hope your shrimp makes it, it sounds as if all will be well.
I agree.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I thought this was going to be another story of electricity and fish tanks. I know that was the scare of my life!

90 gal reef
Old 03-15-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeaboss2645 View Post
I thought this was going to be another story of electricity and fish tanks. I know that was the scare of my life!

90 gal reef
I thought so to at first. I keep having over night power outages and I stay up as long as I can trying to add oxygen to the water. So far all my fish have made it through.

Tags
care

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com