I know these fish are generally regarded as monsters...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultimatedc

Aquarium Advice Activist
But I seen him today at 3.49 at the petco I work at.

He is absolutely awesome. Very vibrantly colored fish, extremely active, and just all around a very personable fish.

Now, I haven't seen a completely blue damsel, not to mention we keep them in one tank labeled as "assorted damsels." I know they're domino damsels, yellowtail damsels, etc...

Is this possibly a blue devil?

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/2195/img0530g.jpg

Also, he is currently inhabiting a 10g nano reef, which houses..

x1 turbo snail
x1 peppermint shrimp
x1 Blue Devil
x4 Astrea snails
x3 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs.

I'd love a clownfish, they're simply awesome to watch at work, always dancing around and what not, but I dunno if it's good with a damsel. Would a six-line wrasse work?

Forgive me, I'm still learning the ropes in the saltwater department, both at home and at work!

its a blue damsel
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Damselfish

Clownfish technically are damsels. My tomato actually bullies the damsels (not to mention everything else in the tank as well as attacks my arm when I have to put it in there). I will let someone else chime in on a six-line. but I will say that 3-4 fish (that will get a few inches long and can be messy eaters) in a 10 gal is possibly pushing it. but I would take someone who does nanos opinion.

I'm not sure if I'd advise getting another fish for your 10gal, but it comes to stocking multiple fish I would have recommended adding the blue devil damsel last as they're generally territorial.

ultimatedc said:
But I seen him today at 3.49 at the petco I work at.

He is absolutely awesome. Very vibrantly colored fish, extremely active, and just all around a very personable fish.

Now, I haven't seen a completely blue damsel, not to mention we keep them in one tank labeled as "assorted damsels." I know they're domino damsels, yellowtail damsels, etc...

Is this possibly a blue devil?

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/2195/img0530g.jpg

That's what I have always known as a "Blue Damsel". I haven't kept up w/SW aquaria for years, but those Blue Damsels use to be sold as "cycle fish"- fish to cycle your tank with because they are so hardy (or so they were billed). I had quite a few friends that got their start with those in their tanks before moving on to kill many an anemone (long story).

Back
Top Bottom