Yeah, I shut the pump off, power heads off, took off the light fixture and had head over the tank w/LED
flashlight for at least 20 minutes, not even a glimmer. I'm not even sure it's in there, but I don't know where else it could be. We looked on our shoes, under chairs, I took everything out of the area and searched each item before taking out, I looked near power heads (magnetic), in the overflow tower, moved rock in area that I thought it could be hiding, NOTHING. It had to have fallen in back. Here's a picture of the tank that I'm dealing with.
so I got a rectangular magnet out of a really, really old school algae scraper - one that used to use one of those double-sided razor blades that you snap in half, then insert the blades in so they're perpendicular to the glass - and zip-tied it to the end of a kiddie fishing pole. You're gonna laugh when you see pictures. I'm literally going to be fishing for a razor blade.
And I agree less worried about getting cut up. More worried about it rusting. It is "titanium coated" but I'm sure it's an alloy and that it will eventually rust.
Called my LFS
and he said it might be OK, but it the softies start dying, that's the first sign.
I pray this works...