I love garge sales!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briandh76

Aquarium Advice Regular
I did some garage sells this afternoon and found a brand new never been used seaclone 150 for $20... (I wish I had $150 cause they also had a 180 gal tank with cf/mh light set up as well :? 8O )So even though they have recieved bad reviews I bought it. I guess it would be better than nothing right? I'll let ya all know how it works out after it's been running for awhile. Any ideas to make it work a little better?

I like them too, However, Im thinging about haveing one with some old things around my house!!! I Need some extra cash :lol: ...I thought I had it all but this hobby is addicting!!! I keep on buying :mrgreen:

Umm.... I'd say you made a VERY good deal on that Seaclone 150. 20$!! I bought mine a few months ago, brand new, and it cost me close to $150.00 I have it running in my 125 gal. and it's skimming consistently. It is a bit finicky to get going at first but after a break in period, you will be getting steady bubbles and foam. Just keep an eye on it until it stabilizes. Probably not the best of skimmes, but as a starter it is OK, especially if you have a small tank or a light bio load. HTH

8)

Congrats. this is not a bad skimmer. It is fussy and has a longer-then-normal breakin period, but once going it will skim like crazy.

It's been running now for 24 hrs. So far I have a little bit of micro bubbles and about a teaspoon or so of brown liquid in the cup. So I guess it's working.. It took me awhile to get the bubbles set just right. I'm going to do the bio-ball mod to it monday.

dralarms said:
That's cool, now what does it do?

LOL that's a funny question... I'm not really sure. I was told by somebody else that on the seaclone's that makes them work alot better. I'm going to give it a wirl and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom