i love mr kole!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packfan2204

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just drip acclimated my new kole tang for about 3 hours, figured my yellow would've given him some trouble, as soon as i drop him in, he flashes his tail at the yellow, then starts attacking my algae everywhere! Didn't have to turn off the lights, he's not hiding, i love this fish!!!

They love that algae. I almost bought one before I got my Hippo Tang. They are nice to have.

Mike

I bought a kole, didn't last long because my small yellow tang was attacking it. Took it back to lfs, and swaped it for a sailfin tang. Now the yellow and sailfin are like buddies. :)

packfan2204 said:
Just drip acclimated my new kole tang for about 3 hours, figured my yellow would've given him some trouble, as soon as i drop him in, he flashes his tail at the yellow, then starts attacking my algae everywhere! Didn't have to turn off the lights, he's not hiding, i love this fish!!!

Are they both in your 55? I would like to do the same in mine but i am afraid they will kill each other.

Are they both in your 55?
In the "ideal" world two tangs in a 55gal tank is a bit tight, one is even pushing it. In the "real" world it is probably done by a lot of people and done successfully. Is it recommended? No. Is it done? You bet.

I agree... it may not be ideal and I'm sure many fish suffered with this size tank, but before I "Knew Better" I housed my Kole and a Hippo in my 55g for years, never had an illness or problem. Perhaps luck... in anycase, keep a good eye on your fish ( not hard to do if you are a tank gazer like me ;) ) and make sure your pair will thrive in there in that tank together... of course, if not... do the right thing... down size your fish or upsize your tank :)

Warmly,
Kimberly

lando said:
Are they both in your 55?
In the "ideal" world two tangs in a 55gal tank is a bit tight, one is even pushing it. In the "real" world it is probably done by a lot of people and done successfully. Is it recommended? No. Is it done? You bet.

Lando, nicely said. Coulden't say it any better :wink:

yeah i know, but i do have a 115 getting ready to set up, and the kole isn't very big, and there's no aggression, so i think i'll be fine till the new tank is ready to go

Back
Top Bottom