I love my cleaner shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
He is just the coolest critter ever.....if I put my face up to the tank he swims over and sits on the glass right in front of my nose. If I put my hand in the tank to do some maintenance he chases me around until I stop and let him clean my hand.....these guys have so much more personality than you would expect from a shrimp.

Anyone else have a fish/shrimp/crab/critter that has become a family pet?

I love my shrimpie!

P1030263.JPG

How cute!

I'm not a saltie, but I can say that my yoyo loach will stop what he's doing and come over to the glass if I get right next to it and watch him. He'll then swim behind something, then poke out again and come back if I'm still there. I guess it's his own little game of peekaboo. :D

newfound77951 said:
Anyone else have a fish/shrimp/crab/critter that has become a family pet?

We have the same feeling towards our cleaner shrimp, Skeebo. (Yeah... I have a kid that loves "JoJo's Circus" on Disney!) Along with some snails, it was the first thing in our tank. I originally just thought of it as a "maintenance item" but our whole family instantly took to it. You're right... they do have a lot of personality.

We also have a peppermint shrimp ("JoJo"... go figure) and to watch the interplay between the two is too funny sometimes. JoJo will be doing his little "drunk stagger" creeping up behind Skeebo to get a chunk of food, Skeebo will turn around and chase him off, only to have JoJo sneak around the other side and get the food while Skeebo is busy trying to figure out where JoJo went. Too funny.

I love my starfish. They are my pride and joy.

Attachments

• 100_0622_523.jpg
    100_0622_523.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 29
Yup, my cleaner shrimp is a hoot too.....he's really active right after he molts and rocks back and forth really fast when ever you walk by the tank (hence the name "Elvis"). He has a great time when I do my water changes.....I can't keep him off of my hand!

I do have to admit tho' I do have a tie for favorite.....I love my huge green severum. I've gotten him to feed from my hand. This guy has personality plus! Hmmm.....too bad I can't get them in the same tank!! :lol: :lol:

i feel insignificant all my mollies do is follow my bottle of food from the shelf underneath to the top of the water when i feed them :-( they will swim in a circle chasing it though so i can mess with them from time to time

My Foxface (Foxy -yes I know!) is a big scardy cat that needs a reassuring rub of the glass when he is scared!!! No kidding. Sometimes a walk passed and see him wedged against the glass all mottled with his spines up, I walk over and rub the glass next to him slowley and he colours up, drops his spines and swims about all happy again. He also feeds from my hand. I only do this with algae sheets as I dont want to get stuck!

I recently added a juvenile Queen Angel (Queeny - Hey theres a pattern) and she loves him! Follows him about and leans on him. This freaks him out and he does seem to have the older brother sydrome. "God! why do I have to babysit AGAIN". You can watch them play hide and seek. He races off and hides and she hunts him down! It is so funny.

two11devan said:
I loved my cleaner shrimp, until the morning I saw his antennae hanging out of my goby's mouth :cry:

Thats too bad.

My kids love all the critters, but their favorite in the tank is the porcupine puffer (more when it decides to stretch out and puffs than not) you can hear them yell throughout the house if they catch it puffing up..too bad it does not stretch more often for them.

I love my pistol shrimp, even though I never really see him. I sure can hear him, if someone gets to pushy with him.

I just got my cleaner shrimp (Yung Joc). He recently took home next to one of my LTA's its weird.

Back
Top Bottom