I love my new coral!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizzybeas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a plate coral, a heliofungia. It is so cool!!! 8) My kids think it is an anemone, they are very excited. Anyone have any specific tips to be sure he stays happy? He is in a good amount of current and all of his tentacles are open. He is purple and pink, probably about 5 inches across.

Give it plenty of room, they have a tendency to wander, this can sometimes result in injury which can lead to their demise. Make sure it is on the sandbed, not the rocks. Also, make sure any clowns have a different host than the heliofungia, my clowns were the death of mine several years ago.

Thank you for the info. My clowns do not seem to care about it. They seem happy without a host. He is already moving a little. He is on the sand bed with a lot of space. I will post a pic! I saw him balloon up for a few minutes like a porcupine puffer. Any idea why they do this? Is it part of his moving? 8O

That doesnt look like a Plate.. That looks more like a torch coral than a Plate coral..

James

Looks just like a Heliofungia actiniformis to me
Ok your right I was wrong.. LOL WOW what a close resemblance though.. It does look extremely nice...

James

wow you can tell I 'm a newb I thought for sure it was an anomanie. I may need to look into getting one of those they are cool... Problem is at some point I want clowns and that would be bad if it died...

Doan

I have tank raised clowns, they do not seem to want to go into any of my corals! :D I will have to keep an eye on them though.

Back
Top Bottom