Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2004, 10:47 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

I nedd COLOR for my reef!!!

Currently I have two False Percula, a spotted mandarin and a Yellow Tang swimming, with a pink bubble coral, a pink lemnalia, a green long tentacle plate coral, and a blue/green crocea clam. My maze coral is kinda brownish green with a lot of purple , but still a little drab. With that said, I want to add a fish and some non-sps corals (I am afraid) that have some bright exciting new colors. Please give me suggestions so I can start researching and planning. TIA- this sight has been a wonderful addiciton!

Tank:
60 Gallon DAS ECO Reef w/ integrated sump and Protein skimmer
1x250w MH 10,000K
1x55w Actinic PC
1x96w Combo PC
1x13w Actininc moon(mood) light
45 pounds Fiji live rock
30 pounds base rock
30 pounds fiji live sand
2 False Percula
1 Yellow Tang
1 Spotted Mandarin
~50 Snails of various types
~10 Dwarf hermits
1 arrow crab(soon to be leaving)
1 Atlantic Cucumber
5 Peppermint shrimp
2 Serpent Stars
1 Brittle Star
1 4" Crocea Clam
1 Bubble Coral
1 Lemnalia
1 Brain/Maze Coral
1 Heliofungia/Long Tentacle Plate Coral
1 Pumping Xenia1 Queen Conch
1 Fan Dancer Scallop(maybe-long time missing)
2 Myhtrax Crabs

Old 02-21-2004, 11:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would suggest some Ricordia. They can be very colorful and are easily kept. The also reproduce well. Trumpets and CandyCane corals are also easily kept and very colorful. These are ours... http://www.reef-aquarium.net/175pics/trumpet1.jpg. they are actually a baby blue, but the flash washed the color out.

Here are the CandyCanes http://www.reef-aquarium.net/175pics/pgcandy.jpg

I noticed that your in the DFW area. There is a frag trade at Saltwater Paradise on March 13th. Scott, the owner will also be offering 30% off to everyone at the trade. Several of us are going to go together and buy a few sps and frag them. Might be worth your time to swing by.

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Where is Saltwater Paradise? I only know of two stores in Dallas, DNA and The Fish Gallery. If I am in town I will definitely come by, if not to buy to learn. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

if your going down 183 (from 820) get off on Occonor and turn left. Go down past the first light and turn right into the first shopping center. If you hit the 2nd light and the 7-11 it is just behind you over your right shoulder. I am familure w/ DNA and Scott has much better prices and quality. However..I will warn you, he is not Mr personality. He can be gruff and even rude at times, but he has good quality fish and a great seclection of corals. To me its worth putting up w/ the attitude to get the selection and the price.

I just picked up a leather coral that is literally about 2ft from top to bottom when fully open. The crown is about 18inches across......$100.00.

Squishy

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com