I need help now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so i tuned on my skimmer for the first time and I must have screwed something up because a minute after turning it on the motor fell off and the water started spilling onto the floor. So there is now About 5 gallons of water in the floor (my entire basement is carpeted so the carpet is soaked) what do I do??? There is water under the stand so do I have to tear it all down to move the stand? How should I clean up the water? PLEASE HELP
(side note, my mom will be home at 10 so I need to clean this up somehow)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You will probably not be able to dry it before 10, 5 gallons is a lot. Get a bunch of towels and scrub the hell out of that carpet haha

Ok the bigger question is do I have to do a tear down to move the stand? Below the carpet is concrete so it's not like it's wood but I'm worried that there will. Be mold

I dont know if you mean take down the stand and dry up below or remove the carpet but if you remove 80 to 90% of water mold will most likely not appear

So if I do a good jobbing drying the area around the stand I won't have to take down my tank and move the stand?

If anyone wants to have a laugh... This is what my basement looks like right now

Attachments

• 1414460846979.jpg
    1414460846979.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 106
Most likely. Ive had incidents of the sort and just drying properly will prevent mold in most cases

Ok thanks for the help. Sorry if I was a bit obnoxious lol I've never had something like this happen before

Rent a carpet dryer from home depot or fire up a dehumidifier if you have it, the concrete will actually pull moisture from the carpet in most cases. Still..dryer faster is best.m

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you can get a hold of a wet/dry shop vac then perhaps you can use it to suck out some of the water from the carpet. Tedious, yes. Good luck with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom