I need help with aqua-rescaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gump3842k

Aquarium Advice Activist
I allready have 2 fish and 3 coral in my tank yet i really want to rearrange my rocks to make them look better what should i do, i dont have a QT tank either

What is the question?

It is my opinion that you should not move the stuff around. The reason for this is that your two fish already are used to the way the tank is now. If you move everything around it is going to stress them out. That stress can lead to all sorts of problems.

You do not need a QT to put the fish in while you move some rock around. They will avoid you, or bite you :wink: They may be stressed for a bit but shouldbe okay.

Move it however you want to, Put the fish in a tank or tub with a heater and ph with water from the main tank and do the same thing with the corals. Ya it is stressfull on the fish but not enough to matter imo. i just did it last week with outstanding results, and If I change my mind next month I'll do it again,

No here as well, I make sure and leave the lights off for at least 12 hours after I do anything and I've never had a problem.

We've never had a problem either. Never removed the fish either. They just hang out in a corner until the moving is done.

Also, I've heard that is actually a good idea to rearrange rocks when adding a new fish. Basically, it mixes it up for the old timers so that they are on a level playing field with the new comers. Any merit to that suggestion?

Back
Top Bottom