Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-15-2004, 01:43 AM   #11

I wouldn't count on getting much...lol... no offense..
Old 03-15-2004, 09:03 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well I was lucky then I guess. I was at the brink of buying the seaclone but the guy at my LFS advised against it. Said that the red sea prizm what a much better bang for my buck, and at 50 dollars less, unless there are any serious objections I think that I will get it.
I would like to get a better one but it is just not in the budget.

Anycomments of the prizm in general? Is it better than the seaclone?

As always, THANKYOU

Here is what I have now...

29 gal tank
aquaclear 200
prizm skimmer
maxijet 900 powerhead
100W (maybe 150W) heater, but heating isnt a prob
1.5 inches of crushed coral
some decoration stuff including a couple peices of old dried coral.) Not sure if it is real to be honest...
Crappy lights that I am going to rebuild, just for come flourescents
excited_newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:40 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to markh30
From what I have read so far, the Prizm would blow the Seaclone out of the water (pun intended )
Old 03-15-2004, 09:41 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to markh30
From what I have read so far, the Prizm would blow the Seaclone out of the water (pun intended )
Old 03-15-2004, 10:31 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Anycomments of the prizm in general? Is it better than the seaclone?
While I have no personal experience with the Prizm, I seriously doubt it could be any worse than a Seaclone. From what I have heard, it does seem to perform better, but not a LOT better. I would go with it if that is your budget.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:46 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yah well those are the only two that are really in the budget (disregarding the crappy put together the parts crappy ones).

I am going to get the prizm tomorrow as well as a maxijet 900 powerhead to get some initial circulation.

29 gal tank
aquaclear 200
prizm skimmer
maxijet 900 powerhead
some decoration stuff including a couple peices of old dried coral.) Not sure if it is real to be honest...
Old 03-16-2004, 01:43 AM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
The Prizm, while not a great skimmer, should be adequate for a 30g tank. It's much better than the Seaclone IMO and I've had them both. I tossed a Seaclone in the trash tonight. As to the powerhead, go ahead the get the MJ1200. It's a lot more flow for not much more money.
Also, I believe I remember reading in another post that this tank is a school project? If you would, PM me with the details. If it's a school project for real, I may be able to help you out with the limited budget...save you some $$ or enable you to get some better equipment without going outside the budget limitations.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:50 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I tossed a Seaclone in the trash
That makes two of us...
Old 03-17-2004, 01:24 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

I BOUGHT THE PRIZM TODAY!!! And I also got a maxi-jet 900. I tried the both out in my sink tonite and they worked well. I wanted to see how well they worked and more to get the manufacture residue off them so they will be ready to go in when I go in early tomorrow.

Awesome, yah it is a school project for sure. We are getting down to the nitty gritty as far as funds go. So I really want to get the tank up and running on what little we have left, and upgrade later. I would really appreciate any help that you could give us as far as that goes, and we could supply you with some verification of us being actually a school project (a letter from the teacher or something). But that may have to wait until we get a little more cash. Thank you so so so so much for the offer, and I hope we can discuss it further!

Thanks again!

And wow I have been looking at your site and even your list prices are great (less than I have spent on things), but I am not sure how much shipping up here would add.

Anyways thank you again!

29 gal tank
aquaclear 200
prizm skimmer
maxijet 900 powerhead

Tags
protein, protein skimmer, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com