I need some advice on my 150 set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stlrockguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was going to drill it but my girlfriend wasn't to hip on the idea. So now I'm going to using 2 CPR hob overflows with a mag 12 return. My problem is I can only buy 1 at a time over a month period. I'm getting my live rock on Sunday about 120 pounds of fully cured Fiji. Can I just let that sit in my tank with a couple power heads and a heater.

I was going to drill it but my girlfriend wasn't to hip on the idea. So now I'm going to using 2 CPR hob overflows with a mag 12 return. My problem is I can only buy 1 at a time over a month period. I'm getting my live rock on Sunday about 120 pounds of fully cured Fiji. Can I just let that sit in my tank with a couple power heads and a heater.

Yes it can sit and even fully cured rock you need to let sit for a week just to be sure there is no die off and spikes in the water. As far as the drilling of the tank, Glass-holes.com has a website with full overflow kits with the bit and everything for less than $100. As long as your not drilling the bottom glass since that's the one that is 99% of the time tempered then you'll be fine. I was worried about drilling my first tank too but since have drilled dozens without a single break. just use really light pressure and let the glass fall through without the bit going into the hole so that you don't chip up the edges. I has the local glass place polish the edges up on mine after to ensure there weren't any future cracks. They charged my $1.50 to clean up the edges.
http://www.glass-holes.com/1500-gph-Overlfow-Box-Complete-Kit-gh1500kit.htm

Yea I want to drill it but the girlfriend says no. I got to pick my battles and this is not one of them. Maybe I'll get to drill it in a couple years when I move.

Back
Top Bottom