I need some DIY MH instructions.............. plz?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason

Aquarium Advice FINatic
does anyone know a good place to find out how to make a DIY MH system for my aquarium?

What exaactly do you want to do light wise? MH only or MH with some sort of actinics? Do you have a canopy on your tank?

the tank I want to put the lights on a 72 gallon bowfront. it's a stainless stand and a stainless canopy. I wanted to get the coralife aqualight for the tank but it's 4" to wide to fit under the canopy. Then I thought about hanging 2 250w pendants under the canopy and I don't think that will work either.

what about this hood I saw on your site...
LT-HM48-175-2.jpg

2 -175 watt 10K Metal Halide bulbs 2 - 96W 7100K Blue PC Compact Fluorescent bulbs, 2 - 4" fans, High Quality electro-white reflector, Black Aluminum canopy. Dawn to dusk effect - one switch for the metal halides and one switch for the compact fluorescents.Includes Bulbs and Ballasts. Dimensions: L48"xW11.5"xH6.5" SHIPS DIRECT FROM HAMILTON TECHNOLOGY.

Price: $599

how good are hamilton lights?

In case you couldn't tell, it's not the price of the fixture I'm concerned with, it's the fact that my wife wants that *beep* canopy and I am having a hard time finding a MH fixture to go under it, and at the same time I want something that is going to last me a little while.

thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom