I Need Some Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ferrari360

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to this web site and god damn it its so hard to fine a place where you can get good advice now-a-days on the web. I am glad I found this site.
I have a 75 gallon saltwater fish only set up that has been up and running with a 3 damsels in it for about 3 months now. Water is great, I just need to do a water change I guess because I have not done one since the tank has been set up. I would like to get a big ass tang don't care what kind, and a large angle don't care what kind, and thats it. Thats all I want to put in the tank. Does anyone see a problem? (There is no live rock) I am running a large Wet/Dry trickle filter with "denitrate" as a chemical agent. There is a minor problem- I am getting white fuzz-like stuff growing all around the unsubmurged areas of the pump chamber. I mean all over! Does anyone know what this is? Its kind of strange because when I touch it with wet hands it smokes and disappears! Other than that everything else looks good. Is it safe to add a large fish like a large tang or angle? Can anyone help me?

Yes, you can add those fish together, but with no live rock you ae pushing it. You need to add at least 50 pounds of live rocks for them to colonize Algae. Also, those fish really don't get along if they are of similar colorations. So tell me which ones you are thinking of purchasing. As for the white stuff, it maybe Salt creep, noting bad just need to wipe it off.

Back
Top Bottom