I need someone to help me with this.... Circulation Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Junk I bought the same ones to keep my saltwater mixing and they lasted less than 2 months and there was no way they produced the gph they said they did. I'd even say it was more like half the advertised gph

Even if they were good, I would say this is too much for your 55. Split them in half and put one on each side maybe.

Just like I said, maybe 2 power heads at each end, each being about 1500 or so gph. That's where I would start. I'm assuming your tank is only 12" front to back. I think a pair of 1500 gph units will do the job.

Just like I said, maybe 2 power heads at each end, each being about 1500 or so gph. That's where I would start. I'm assuming your tank is only 12" front to back. I think a pair of 1500 gph units will do the job.

So, do you think this set is worth the price?

[/URL]2 Pcs Circulation Pump 1300 GPH Wave Maker Aquarium Reef Powerhead Suction Mount

Ebay Item Number: 370775298001

I don't know if I worded that correctly. I mean to say one power head at each end, for a total of two, each about 1500gph.
As far as them being worth the price, that I'm not sure of. That price is much cheaper than the known brands, and I would question their quality. I happen to like magnet mounts better than suction cups.

If you have them then give them a try, but I would seriously suggest that you invest in a few powerheads such as hydor koralia. They are cheap and very very effective / durable.

If you have them then give them a try, but I would seriously suggest that you invest in a few powerheads such as hydor koralia. They are cheap and very very effective / durable.

Thanks for the advice. All the help is appreciated.

Maxi-Jet Pro, Aquarium Power Heads for Sale Online | PetSolutions
Use these in the circulation pump configuration and you'll get "1300 GPH" out of the them. I know they put out a stronger flow than my koralia 1500s but they can't be cycled on and off without noise on a wavemaker so i switched mine out. At $23 each get a pair and add something cheap you need to get you to the $49 for free shipping. I still use my MJ pros on my reactor and the mix saltwater and they are pretty old and i beat on the mixing one but dropping it trying to do things too fast lol I never had an issue with a suction cup failing and they were in my tank for almost a year

I just bought 2 hydro koralia evolution 1050/1150 Aquarium Circulation Pumps 1050/1150 GPH for $73.62 with free shipping. What do you guys think of that?

I just bought 2 hydro koralia evolution 1050/1150 Aquarium Circulation Pumps 1050/1150 GPH for $73.62 with free shipping. What do you guys think of that?

You just made a very wise investment. They put off a good flow pattern and are very reliable.(y)

Thanks, Mine are coming in on Wednesday the 12th of September. Have an awesome day. I will let you know how they turn out!

bought one a while back and one side stopped, so I am left with just one side working, I would never buy another duel because of that, you have twice the chance of ending up with half a working fixture

Back
Top Bottom