I need your advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dip_it_low

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm planning on adding more LR ,and changing the aquascape in my tank. What are the DOs and DONTs before doing all of this? I got 4 damsel fish(yellowtail) 2 false percula clownfish and 1 cleaner shrimp.

THANKX!

DOs:

Make sure the new live rock is fully cured.

Remove a few galons of water before adding the new rock as the extra rock will displace some water. Then use the removed water to top off the tank after aquascaping.

I like to bury some of the rocks down in the substrate to provide a good stable platform to build my rock up.

Place the rock so that there is room for water/fish to swim in and about the rock. Try to not place the rock up aganst the side or back glass.

DONTs:

Add live rock thats not fully cured.

Stack the rock in such a manor that its like a rock wall.

My fish hate being bored, and introducing new rock livens up their life quite a bit. They swim around frantically, looking all panicked every time a new piece goes in. Then again, maybe its not the rock but the way I introduce it. I like to stand a across the room and lob them in as fast as I can. Its great fun and the fish get lots of excercise. :twisted:

Anyway, just make sure its cured.

Back
Top Bottom