I seek the wisdom of the tang police!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Starfire glass is much more expensive than regular glass because of the clarity and is usually MUCH more expensive. A 1/2" thick 4x3 piece is probably 800 or so dollars itself.

I apologize, the measurements are 4x3x30 inches. So it isn't quite 3 ft tall, but that shouldn't effect a tangs swimming room. That explains why it was calculating at 270 gallons. I put my old tank on Craigslist today. Let the countdown begin for the 250. Lol

I apologize, the measurements are 4x3x30 inches. So it isn't quite 3 ft tall, but that shouldn't effect a tangs swimming room. That explains why it was calculating at 270 gallons. I put my old tank on Craigslist today. Let the countdown begin for the 250. Lol

ahh big differnt, wit ha 30 inch tank you could probably light 'er up with T5s only thing is you'll need really good reflectos ballasts and bulbs. the ATI fixtures or icecap would be best.

my LFS has a similar sized tank to that, i think is 220g though but its super expensive with the stand an canopy. i think they are sellign it for something like $3500. and that comes pre drilled with two overflows in the back corners

Yeah, 3500 is probably right. I am giving 1500 for the 250 gallon. It has dual overflows, heater, wet/dry filter (Bio balls will be gone first thing), T5 Light strip (Not a very powerful one), stand and canopy. It is being classified as used, I can't tell if the guy who owned it set it up or not, I don't see a mark on it. It has a black stand and canopy. It was just too good of a deal to pass on.

Nice picture Melosu, do you think a hippo and two or three yellow tangs would be alright? I wouldn't want to do more than that, everything else I want to keep is much smaller and less active.

I bet you could sell those bioballs (I would have wanted them but I found a few gallons of them locally) for a god price. They're in pretty big demand with ponders.

You could get more in this 4 ft tank then you could get in a standard 4 ft tank. The extra width will help to make up for the lesser length. My 125 is long but about 1/2 your width. If you got three different shape and color tangs you should be OK IMO. BTW

TangPoliceJetGIF.jpg

Well, if you that go for a DSB so you don't have to dive into the tank to reach the bottom haha. like a 4-5" DSB then you can keep some really neat sand sifters as well.

They would be fine in that tank in all likelihood, seeing as I've seen some not so smart people keep them for years in 100 gallon hex tanks.

By the way...Use plus rite 250watt Metal halides. A 14k 250 watt is 14 dollars and it lasts 6+ months. Decent blues, a lot of light, and 500% cheaper than comparable lights. Made in China haha.

Purevil21 said:
Lighting is going to set me back some $$$, but this is going to be my end all be all tank. I promised my wifey. lol No more complaining about my tank being too small for what I want to keep.

Be all-end all? Likely story! I've said something similar to that myself!

I didn't know the Tang police had an air force! On a serious note, I think I have the 65 gallon sold. 400 bucks, I am keeping some of the rock for the sump in the new tank. I am hoping to have the 250 in a couple weeks.

I sold all of my tanks today!!! I am in withdraw, I have no tanks to look at or maintain! The countdown to a build thread is on!

Back
Top Bottom