I so give up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
I am at my wits end , every time I add corals my clowns kill them
a week ago I went out and bought 2 nice torches , fox coral , alvapora ,
frog spawn , and a few nice zoa's
well the 2 stupid clowns I have killed every piece I added
I'm thinking so hard about just tearing the tank down do a good cleaning loose all the annoying trouble makers , and start fresh keeping only select fish
my wife thinks I'm nuts cause I sat at my computer desk last night and built a mini harpoon gun , it's kind of funny how little fish can get under my skin ,
but I know it's more the thought of how much money I keep putting in ,
hate even thinking about that . I thought fish were to help stress not cause it
feels so good to just vent

I got them 2 nems they loved them than they killed them than after all that I got a bunch of new corals they just went to one than the next till every stinking coral that had flesh was dead . even zoa's these 2 were such model citizens before I transferred them out of the 40 b a year ago , now there just a holy terror
I think I'm just going to let them be with no coral just go fowlr
just tired pulling out my hair spending money to make things nice for them to destroy it

I'd just yank the clowns and give them away, no way would a clown fish stop me from coral...yikes...

yup seen them going from one to the next , if it moves they go after it
the only thing they wont touch is my extra large flower pot which baffles me
once I get my 40b back from my daughter they will be re-homed to it
just got to get rid of 2 extra large gold fish and a 20 inch pleco
neighbor has a koi pond once it thaws out the gold fish will have a nice home

here's my little clown trying to host my jade torch if you look to his left you'll see the head he killed already , they just go from 1 to the next annoying them till there dead
I can't just sit there guarding all the corals 24/7 the big clown killed a 12 head purple tip torch that really hurt , my 2 hammers I had forever
img_3178007_0_64b2667d2c27b2e106290867dcd9b2eb.jpg

That sucks. How are they with a bubble tip anemone? Do you have a large one they can host? Seems to me they are searching for a host and may leave the corals alone once they find one. Alternatively you could just go with a softies tank full of mushrooms and leathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The problem is maroon clowns are pretty big. They don't mean to kill anything but unfortunately things end up getting pretty beat up as a result. You need a large anemone.

Get rid of the clowns and get some smaller sized clowns. As mentioned before they don't want to kill them but are prop able looking for home and end up annoying them to death

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

They make those silicone anemones... penn plax anemone, maybe others... saw a video and have read others stories about them "hosting" the fake ones. Maybe a solution for whomever wants two rough and tumble Clowns!!! With no real corals.

Just ditch the clowns. What are they doing to kill them, praying they will host them?

+1 If they are tearing stuff up like that. You could always give a large anemone a shot though, or maybe trade them out for some Ocellaris Clowns. They don't get no where near as big.

Back
Top Bottom