I stole some coral...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, not really :D I just got a 4" pinkish/ purple stylophora for $10. I'm excited as this is my first sps coral. I've just stuck to softies before. I've got it placed high in the tank away from anything else. What other care should I be giving it? I read that feeding at night is best. I'll post pics when I can. Right now I'm battling the dreaded Xenia. I want that crap out of my tank!

As long as your lighting is strong you are fine. There is no need to feed. I tried and only created parameter issues in my tank. You got a real steal. I have one myself when Ora came out with their version. It is more maroon under less intense and pinker under higher intensity light. I keep mine off to the side of my radio a as I like the maroon look better.

Alright. I've got 6 t5hos. Here's a pic:

Attachments

• image-448725827.jpg
    image-448725827.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 132
6 t5s should probably be ok. Keep an eye on the color if it starts turning brown you know it's not. 10 bucks is an awesome deal!

No, it looks like what it was sold as. I'll take a picture of mine when I get home. Weaker light and it'll stretch like that, where really high intensity it'll be thick and fat. Goes for all sps in reality, but with these guys can make them look like montipora. I'll take a pic of my Marshall island latana to show that as well.

Side note, what is around its base? Soft coral and sps are not friends and will totally murder your new sps if given the chance.

I just wedged the frag onto some bare rock. The Xenia is being cleaned out and the anthelia polyps will find a new spot hopefully. Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom