I think I have ICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GSXRDan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday I noticed that my yellow tang had developed a cloudy eye--looking almost like cataract. I also saw what looked like a white spot on my lawnmower blenny. Both were acting normal so I paid it no mind. When i get home from work today. One of my clowns is not swimming, but lying on my BTA without moving but still breathing, really fast too. He died a little while later and now my other one is starting to act weird. All was normal yesterday but today all is messed up. What gives? BTW, all levels are normal when I had my water tested at the fish store where they sold me this stuff called Kick Ich? Anyone heard anything on this?

I had my water tested at the fish store
What were the specific reading?
One white spot is not indicative of ich. Ich is not know for being a fast killer, but a few other ailments are. Are there any other symptoms? When you say the clown is acting weird, what is he doing? Any other physical marks? Are the fish eating? Do you notice any of the fish flashing (scratching)? The Tangs eye injury may be caused by this. Can you get us a pic of any of the effected fish?
they sold me this stuff called Kick Ich?
IMO, junk. There is no treatment that you can do within the main that is all that effective. The way to go is to move all the fish (not inverts) to a qt tank for treatment with a good med such as cupramine and leave the main tank fishless for 6 weeks to allow the parasite to die off.

I am kicking myself for not having a qt. :oops: :evil: When I say weird I mean laying near the bottom and not trying to get away from a net. Also, every now and then it looks like there having seizures. They go sideways and shake for a few seconds then go back to noramal. The living one is very lathargic and is now showing a white spot. I also have a spot on my blenny. I am so frustrated!!!

The living one is very lathargic and is now showing a white spot.
Does it look like his skin is peeling? How large is the spot and where on his body?

Sorry to hear this. :(
How are the other fish? If we can figure out the problem, maybe the others can be saved.

Back
Top Bottom