I think I'm gonna try a Condylactis anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been reading up on anemones lately but don't think I'm quite ready to spend $40-50 on a sebae or rose anemone. I know the condy's don't host clownfish but we get some really nice looking ones at work for only $6. How powerful is their sting to a coral, I guess what I really asking is how much time will I have to move a coral if this anemone decides to sit down next to it and sting it?

well from what i have read if they just get near it the coral will already be stong. but some corasl are better at takeing it then others. i know my lta had been right next to zoo (he was ontop of them for a few hours) and right on some mushrooms for a day and they are still doing well. he has also past buy some leathers a few times but nothing has really shown and damage by him. but the lfs said that the xenia would take a big hit if he got too close the them. he also said that when his rba got with in like 3 inches of his acroproa frags they had already been killed. so it is really up to the coral. some are better at takeing the sting then others.

True Clarkii clowns IME host condys with no problem. Not so sure the condy appreciates all the attention though.

Back
Top Bottom