I think I'm upgrading to a 90 gallon tonight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
found a great deal on craigslist. Going to see it tonight. If all goes well I'll be saying bye bye 50 gallon, hello 90 by tomorrow!!!!

I'm excited to say the least...:D

you won't be disappointed
since I went to the 90 things just seem to run a whole lot smoother maintenance wise
and the fish love it for all the open swimming space
make sure you have a few helpers during the transfer as like I found out it's a lot of work
but in the end well worth it

Unfortunatly the tank looked way nicer online. It looks like in an attempt to clean it up for selling they scraped the glass and in doing so removed large portions of the silcone that holds the glass together. Last thing i need is 90 gallons flooding my house! I have a line on a 125 now, hopefully its in better shape...:)

Yup, looking at a 125 72 inch tonight. Full set up minus the lights (I have them, don't need them)...

man what I could do to a 125.

I just made them an offer. 6 foot 125 gallon monster. Its gonna need a little cleaning up but all in all it's in great shape. Dual overflows hard plumbed into a 40 gallon sump with an inline pump. Basic skimmer but I'll upgrade.

Now I'm just waiting on the email back saying "sure, we'll take that much"...

125 gallons if freaking big. I can't wait. I'm going to take my time and use the summer to really getting looking good, I'm planning and early fall transfer of my 50 gallon's livestock.

Man this if fun...:)

Very cool. Cleaning it will be a labor of love, so it will be more fun than "labor". Make sure to get some before and after photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ya it's gonna be some work for sure. First off I have to scrape the blue paint off the back and paint it black. The stand can use some touching up too.

I'm trying to decide if I try and salvage the old plumbing or just rip it all out and start over? Its all solid white pvc so I'm hoping it stays together ok. Should I replace the bulkheads just to be safe? How long do bulkheads last?

I'm overwhelmed, I'm going from a tank with very limited livestock options to pretty much anything goes! What fish will I get?

*mind blown*

Oh and my wife rocks, this thing will take up half the living room...lol

I'd recommend replacements of any software (rubber components) as they get brittle over time. Looking forward to the progress!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Gotta make this a build thread

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom