I think my clownfish have broken up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jspires688

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a pair of black and white clowns that have been inseprateble from day one and in the last few days they have been at total opposite ends of the tank anyone experience this

I have a mated pair of ocellaris clowns. They don't really host anything, just have their corner of the tank. The female is known to cruise all over the tank while the male doesn't venture so far. Since they do not host they're more active. I'm wondering if its the same with your clowns.

Jspires688 said:
I have a pair of black and white clowns that have been inseprateble from day one and in the last few days they have been at total opposite ends of the tank anyone experience this

Maybe female is expecting.We males usually get ignored and are told to stay away then.LOL

They host a large lavender green mushroom. This all started the other day when the male started hosted a smaller green fuzzy shroom I think she feels he cheated on her. Lol

Just to clarify....since I see this said over and over and over and over.
A clown does not host anything. In your case, the mushrooms are hosting the clowns. An anemone hosts clowns. Many different corals can host clowns.

When you invite people over your house, are the people visiting the hosts or are you the host? ;)

I hear people who agree with you all the time but I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. Because if a house is abandoned and no lives in it it's not because the house don't want people to live in it. I have a pair of ocillarius clowns in my other tank that don't host anything. If what you are saying is true they are not hosted in anything is because nothing wants to host them. So if I were to take the mushroom from my tank that has clowns hosting it now and put in the other one and it will host my orange clowns will go to it I think not

Back
Top Bottom