Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
greenspotted puffers (tetraodon nigroviridis) get to be about 6" and can be quite aggressive towards conspecifics as well as others. The recommended tank size for them is 30 gallons apiece. They start as a BW but as adults they do quite well in marine conditions. Here is a link for some more info on them.

80 gallon FW:3 clown loaches, 2 angels, bloodfin tetras and 1 albino BN pleco,1 Farlowella.
46 gallon FW: kuhli loaches, otos, black neon and black phantom tetras, 3 pitbull plecos.
50 gallon SW: 1 green spotted puffer
penpitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:26 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have found that yes, they will eat and eat until they look like they're ready to explode. They will eat all of the "blender mush" I put in there leaving very little for the hawk (although he does get some). I have found the Hawk will eat flakes and the puffers won't, so I can at least get the Hawk what he needs.

As I've said, before they start getting too big, we will be getting a bigger tank. I'm thinking like a 75 gallon. Tanks and stuff go so cheap on Ebay. This is by far the cheaper of my hobbies, but requires just as much maintenance (my signature explains it).

They are doing very, very well though. The hawk has a personality too. He will watch us, and does all kinds of cool things. The kids love both the puffers and the hawks. They're a lot of fun to watch. You can almost play with them through the glass.

My other money pit...er...hobby is a Turbo Saturn.
NateNBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:57 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular
tell me if i'm wrong but is the green spot puffer brackish as a juvy then full sw as an adult

my tank has become my life
90g sw
440w vho icecap 660
30g sump
mag 1200
180lbs LR
elke is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com