I think my shark egg broke :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Selcon

Just soak the food in it.

just read up on that right before I saw this post. I will be getting a bottle for sure.

Im thinking of trying to get it to eat using live feeder shrimp, Is this a good or bad idea? I dont want to teach it to only except live foods I want it to eat fresh shrimp, scallop, squid, and what not but live shrimp.

I wouldn't feed him freshwater shrimp. And you ciudad supplement the shrimps food with selcon. But the selcon will lose some nutritional value even if you filled the shrimps belly with selcon.

I wouldn't feed him freshwater shrimp. And you ciudad supplement the shrimps food with selcon. But the selcon will lose some nutritional value even if you filled the shrimps belly with selcon.

Wasn't planning on freshwater shrimp. I'm going to use selcon in his food for sure. I guess I'll just hope he takes well to fresh shrimp and never even be interested in live.

My final question is should I hatch him in a 40g reef or a 75g fowlr. If he was hatched in the 40 I would move him to the 75g as soon as he started feeding well. I just don't know if he will be difficult to feed in the 75g because of my eel. But then again if I just feed my eel first tell he's full I should be able to feed the shark without him hassling it because he retreats back to his den when he's full.

I say the 75g. These fellas still are pretty big when they hatch.

Anyone know how long it takes for a shark to hatch at the stage he's at? Iv been trying to find some type of article that shows a diagram or something about how far a Lon a shark egg is but find nothing.

CleverBs said:
Anyone know how long it takes for a shark to hatch at the stage he's at? Iv been trying to find some type of article that shows a diagram or something about how far a Lon a shark egg is but find nothing.

Mine took 3 months to hatch

Man that would be cool if you got it a little younger and you took a picture of it every single day until it hatched and did a time lapse of it.

well i dont know what I am doing wrong. I woke up today and looked at my egg and the yoke is once again broken. This time I made sure I never touched it after I put it in the tank. For entire time I have had it i only touched it when putting it in the tank. I have no idea what could be going on with it and I think im going to throw in the towel on the whole shark egg thing. Ill just buy a shark later.

Really bums me out. I feel so terrible because I feel as though im doing something wrong but there is no way I caused that to happen

Honestly it's hard to damage a shark egg because it's self contained inside a hard shell. If anything it got shook up on the way to the LFS and has actually been damaged this whole time. I wouldn't blame yourself for it, these things just don't ship well sometimes and it takes a while to tell.

Is the shell busted open?

Honestly it's hard to damage a shark egg because it's self contained inside a hard shell. If anything it got shook up on the way to the LFS and has actually been damaged this whole time. I wouldn't blame yourself for it, these things just don't ship well sometimes and it takes a while to tell.

Is the shell busted open?

No the shark was movin around and fine 2 days ago. I even have video and then yesturday I fed the tank and normally he swims around in the purse when I feed and e didn't and I couldn't see any gill movement. Then this morning I woke up and the yoke was broken inside. I just don't know if maybe a fish or my eel was messing with it at night or something? If I get another one it will be going in a tank alone or in a breeder box. I just had it on a veggie clip (clipped to the opposite end of the water exchange slit of course) and I did that because every photo an video online was like that.

I had mine on a clip also. I have no clue what could cause that then. Something could be messing with it at night like you suggested.

Back
Top Bottom