I think my shark egg broke :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
My shark egg a few days ago has a nice round yoke in it and I clipped it in my tank with a power head blowing at it. Today i look and it looks like a pile of broken yoke in the egg and there are little bits and peices floating around in it. Did the yoke break? is this comman because if so I dont want to get another one just to be let down again. How do i make the call if its dead or not? what do i do?

well i called my LFS and they said they would replace it for me beings I only had it a few days they said it could of been their fault but idk honestly. They told me to come in and pick up the one they got in today that has a nice sized shark already developed inside of it.

CleverBs said:
well i called my LFS and they said they would replace it for me beings I only had it a few days they said it could of been their fault but idk honestly. They told me to come in and pick up the one they got in today that has a nice sized shark already developed inside of it.

Interesting, I didn't know shark eggs could be bought, I really didn't know sharks laid eggs. What kind of shark?

Wow, i learned somethin new today. Hehehee i didnt kniw sharks laid eggs. Good luck in your venture.

Intersting. Something for me to read up on in my "free" time lol as this new found info has now left me with many more questions

I took the egg in to get it looked at by my lfs and they said that I was not likly responsible for the egg breaking (eventhough im sure i am) and they replaced it for me with a new egg that is much further along, the shark inside is about 4-5" it seems like and i can already see all of his markings and color.

CleverBs said:
I took the egg in to get it looked at by my lfs and they said that I was not likly responsible for the egg breaking (eventhough im sure i am) and they replaced it for me with a new egg that is much further along, the shark inside is about 4-5" it seems like and i can already see all of his markings and color.

Nice! Can you post a picture?

wow thats so cool

I do know this if I did add a shark tank divorce would probably follow lol LMAO

I hatched a cat shark a few months ago. One of the most rewarding experiences I have had while working with aquariums!

Remember these fellas need vitamins for cartilage

Attachments

• image-1317184929.jpg
    image-1317184929.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 146
  • image-3926346466.jpg
    image-3926346466.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 126
Back
Top Bottom