I took the bio balls out of my aquarium what should I put in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in Bremond which is about 1 hour from Waco, Bryan, and Temple, cool to meet someone so close to me. A very good friend of mine grew up in Round Rock. Debra Henderson (Richardson). Cool lady gotta love her.

Rachel

Your livestock will eventually benefit my being cared for by someone who obviously cares a lot about doing things properly.

Best of luck to you.

Send me a PM if you can to let me know how things are settling in. A few pics, too!!

John

Thank you John,

I don't believe any animal should be owned unless the person is willing and capable of caring for it properly.

Reading were good this morning nitrates 0, Ph 7.4

Rachel

Reading were good this morning nitrates 0, Ph 7.4

Your pH is too low. It shoudl be around 8.3.

ALso, at this point I'd be less concerned with nitrates and more attentive to ammonia and nitrites.

I don't believe any animal should be owned unless the person is willing and capable of caring for it properly.

Agreed.

No ammonia as of yet. I will talk to the LF store and take a sample in tomorrow and see what he things I should do. Thanks.

Rachel

In my filter I have a slot for filter media, and the BIO-Wheels. During the cycle I'm going to run some filter floss instead of carbon bags.
Should I remove the BIO-Wheels from my filters and replace it with LR rubble while I'm setting my tank up for the first time? Ditch the BIO-Wheels FOREVER or keep em' just in case?

Thanks

I may but I'm still holding my breath. I hate doing stupid things and then having to pay for them. We will see. Thank you for you concern.

Rachel

Should I remove the BIO-Wheels from my filters and replace it with LR rubble while I'm setting my tank up for the first time? Ditch the BIO-Wheels FOREVER or keep em' just in case?
yes, replace them with LR rubble if you have the opportunity. No need to keep the bio-wheels, give them away.

Rachel...hopefully you are in the clear.

Back
Top Bottom