I violated my own rule ... Arrow Crab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gear-head

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yes, I succumbed to "ooh that's cool, gotta have it!"

I now have an Arrow Crab in my reef tank, and have since been reading about them eating small fish, small shrimp and picking at corals etc.

2 False Percs (1.5 and 2 inches)
1 Orchid Dottyback (2 inches)
2 Peppermint Shrimp (1.5 and 2 inches)
1 Scarlet Fire Shrimp (2 inches)
Various Corals.

So...should the Arrow Crab return to the LFS?

You could watch it and see, but then it might be too late once he eats some good ole, finger lickin shrimp, or tasty coral. :mrgreen:

If it were me, I would take him back. We put to much money into corals, and Live stock to let something eat them. :wink:

I had one in the beginning. Saw him trying to pcik up a cucumber. Freaked me out a little then. The following week, he had a electric blue hermit crab muching out. OK, maybe he found a dead one. The NEXT day, he was munching on a cleaner shrimp.

Back to the shop he went. Good luck!

Hey Rev. That a new title I see next to your name??? Congrats! Couldn't have happened to a better guy! :D

Every time I go diving or snorkeling here in Panama City I have to resist taking these guys (among others) right off the rocks on the bottom of the gulf. They can work in a reef, but like all crabs, they are opportunistic at best. If it can catch a slow moving fish, it will.

He's back at the LFS.

I shall not violate my own rule again.

Hah! Good luck! It's got to be the easiest rule to break (or is that shatter?).

Back
Top Bottom