Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-24-2005, 02:29 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Rsquared333 Send a message via MSN to Rsquared333 Send a message via Yahoo to Rsquared333
Moraly Eels are really mean. took a bite out of my friends hand. Some of them get really ugly. I like the angler or scorpion fish idea they are fun to watch, but I don't find them as ugly I see them as different and interesting.

Old 01-24-2005, 04:40 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I already know one of those angler fish would be cool if only I could find a species more closely related to the deep sea ones that look like there smiling and that little glowing lure morays are cool and I plan on getting eels, as for why I want ugly and aggressive well everyone always wants these pretty little fish, they go out buy furniture to match and wallpaper well screw that the world aint pretty it's but *** ugly. plus someone has to give some love to the fish in the store nobody will buy.

p.s. that barracuda is cool but that will have to wait till I can dig a new basement to fill with water wow 5 - 10 foot now thats a killer with an animal like that I can stop grinding the bodies up in the blender to flush down the toilette

Old 01-24-2005, 09:43 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't think EVERYONE wants pretty fish and matching wallpaper

I've been researching the Fu Manchu Lionfish. It looks really neat.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:38 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by millipede
One thing comes to mind, but it isn't aggresive at all. The violet goby, also known as the dragon fish(only to make it sound cool). It looks mean and ugly, but isn't.
That's exactly the fish I was going to recommend. Jeff
Old 01-24-2005, 10:47 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Chilly Willy
I agree the world is ugly. So would an "ugly" fish be ugly to you? If not would it then make it a pretty fish? Wouldn't that then make you want to buy a fish you can match your wall paper with since it will then be ugly?

I'm confused and I need a stiff drink. By the way you sound like my 12 teen year old daughter. She hates the world too then I remind her that she has chores and I give her a reason to atleast hate me for a few more hours.

I sound like my dad. Man I'm getting old fast.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:27 AM   #16

ok an ugly fish would not seem pretty to me I would more me apt to look at it see it's ugliness then over time notice it graceful movement that it would use for the strike and the just downright brutalness of the strike itself or if it's the scavenger the meticulousness it searches the tank for food, also I dont think a lionfish is ugly it's flashy and uses it's fins for misdirection of it's prey though in there natural habitat some do look like coral and suprise there victim.

p.s. **** that violet goby is cool I'll have to get one or two to put in with my oscar (every thing I have found on it say it can handle fresh water even though it's brackish)
Old 01-25-2005, 02:38 AM   #17

definetly cool I found this while looking for stuff on the se goblin it's a goblin shark
http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fi...h/mowstoni.htm
Old 01-25-2005, 02:53 AM   #18

viper fish very nice would look good
http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fi...sh/csloani.htm

this is beyond description
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/space...ontent.10.html

fangtooth very aptly named
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/space...ontent.10.html
Old 01-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

too bad scientists still haven't found a way to successfully keep any deep sea fish alive and healthy for any sort of time. Another reason why the only time you see a picture of them is when they are dead.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:30 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Montwo - that viper fish is a movie star! Seen him in Alien. Came out of Ripley's stomach, right?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com