I want the ugliest fish I can find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montwo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi like the title sez I want ugly fish what I want from you guys is what fish you know of that I can find, what I would like is some fish with big teeth and a mean temper I dont have a tank yet so to leave my possibilitys open if there are no small enough fish to say fit in a 30 gal I can plan on a larger setup

One thing comes to mind, but it isn't aggresive at all. The violet goby, also known as the dragon fish(only to make it sound cool). It looks mean and ugly, but isn't.

just out of curiosity, why do you want the meanest ugliest fish with big teeth that you can find?

defiantly a angler fish. All they eat is life fish, so you'll have fun feeding it.
Not my type of fish but I have friends that love them.

Moraly Eels are really mean. took a bite out of my friends hand. Some of them get really ugly. I like the angler or scorpion fish idea they are fun to watch, but I don't find them as ugly I see them as different and interesting.

I already know one of those angler fish would be cool if only I could find a species more closely related to the deep sea ones that look like there smiling and that little glowing lure morays are cool and I plan on getting eels, as for why I want ugly and aggressive well everyone always wants these pretty little fish, they go out buy furniture to match and wallpaper well screw that the world aint pretty it's but ass ugly. plus someone has to give some love to the fish in the store nobody will buy.

p.s. that barracuda is cool but that will have to wait till I can dig a new basement to fill with water wow 5 - 10 foot now thats a killer with an animal like that I can stop grinding the bodies up in the blender to flush down the toilette

I don't think EVERYONE wants pretty fish and matching wallpaper :wink:

I've been researching the Fu Manchu Lionfish. It looks really neat.

millipede said:
One thing comes to mind, but it isn't aggresive at all. The violet goby, also known as the dragon fish(only to make it sound cool). It looks mean and ugly, but isn't.

That's exactly the fish I was going to recommend. Jeff

I agree the world is ugly. So would an "ugly" fish be ugly to you? If not would it then make it a pretty fish? Wouldn't that then make you want to buy a fish you can match your wall paper with since it will then be ugly?

I'm confused and I need a stiff drink. By the way you sound like my 12 teen year old daughter. She hates the world too then I remind her that she has chores and I give her a reason to atleast hate me for a few more hours.

I sound like my dad. Man I'm getting old fast.

ok an ugly fish would not seem pretty to me I would more me apt to look at it see it's ugliness then over time notice it graceful movement that it would use for the strike and the just downright brutalness of the strike itself or if it's the scavenger the meticulousness it searches the tank for food, also I dont think a lionfish is ugly it's flashy and uses it's fins for misdirection of it's prey though in there natural habitat some do look like coral and suprise there victim.

p.s. damn that violet goby is cool I'll have to get one or two to put in with my oscar (every thing I have found on it say it can handle fresh water even though it's brackish)

too bad scientists still haven't found a way to successfully keep any deep sea fish alive and healthy for any sort of time. Another reason why the only time you see a picture of them is when they are dead.

Back
Top Bottom