Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-01-2004, 05:42 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
I had 4 chromis too, and they didn't school either, so you're probably right about needing more.

And just a little word of advice from another uncle...it's nice to get your niece involved in your hobby, but unless she lives with you (or close by) and is willing to share in the responsibility and joy of taking care of them, don't let her make ALL the decisions as to what goes in the tank. (my nephew would have had me buy 200 Nemos, a swarm of sharks and the Loch Ness Monster) Then when he loses interest in it, guess who'd be stuck caring for all of them. If you're the hobbyist in the family, do what you enjoy. Or get your niece her own tank with a simple setup and see how she does.

In order of setup:

FW1-16g, 5 Zebra danios, 4 Pristella Tetras, 4 Black Skirt Tetras, 2 Gold Barbs, 1 Brush-nose Pleco
FW2-5g, 1 Baby Gold Marble Angel (raised from fry), 6 Zebra Danios
SW1-75g, (80# LR), Scarlett hermits, Turbo snails, Percula Clownfish (Gizmo), Oscellaris Clownfish (Whizzer), Indian Yellowtail Angelfish (Mikado), Royal Gramma (Orpheus), Black Sailfin Blenny (Casper), Yellow Tang (Pele), Racoon Butterflyfish (Raptor), Lyretail Anthia (Juliette)
FW3-30g, 2 mated Gold Marble Angels (Oscar/Yenta)
SW2-20g, QT, currently empty
FW4-30g, currently empty
FW5-20g, 2 Gold Angels (non-paired)
SW3-35g (REFUGIUM for SW1) - EVIL ChocChipStar, Nassarius and Turbo snails
SW4-55g, 4 BlueGreen Chromis, King's Crown snail.
AquaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 08:29 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
With a tank that huge you have a lot of options...I wish I had the space(and money) for something like that!! I have 75 gallon and had a Blue hippo tang and a bicolor together in that. They never had a squabble. The bicolor is supposed to be a little more difficult to keep than other angels, from what I have read, but he has been my most active and healthy fish of all. He swims in and out of the live rock all day, which is great because I went to all that trouble to make all those caves and passageways...its nice to see someone use them. Speaking of swimming, when he moves its so smooth...it's almost like he's swimming in maple syrup. On top of all that, his coloring absolutely takes your breath away. So glad I picked him up!!!

dicjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:43 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow, yu have lots of options. coral beauty, flame angel, or some of the larger angels would be nice. You do not have coral to worry about so why not try a Queen or Empertor angel? With the inverts I would stay away from triggers.
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 07:04 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Kohan Bros.
i have a sailfin tang and flame angle there they couldnt be better friends remember ech fish is differant
I love the Grateful dead
Kohan Bros. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 07:09 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

I love these Black Bar Chromis and am going to add 8 of them I think. LINK HERE

Bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com