I want to upgrade my lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i currently have 2 65w 10,000k pc's, 2 65w atinic pc's. its a 90 gallon. i want to add some lighting not sure what, that i want to be able to keep lps, and softies maybe even sps. i want them to thrive. i want to add on to my Power Compact hood. what should i get?

ok but will i be able to use them along with my current pc hood? if so which specific model?

Nice but pricey. also looks like those would put a lot of light into your room. I am guessing you have no canopy? Look into a MH only hood. Should be cheaper. What are tank dimensions?

Don't put that light on a 90 gal tank, it won't work worth a hill 'o' beans. 150w HQI won't penetrate the depth of a 90 gal nearly at all especially with the way you have to mount those things. If you have a 4x65w hood or similar, there won't be enough room anyway.

You could get a retrofit from J&L for about 700.00- 800.00. Which would include 2x250w MH and Icecap fans. You already have the PC bulbs/PC ballast so you just need to DIY a canopy. The cost of the 2x150 Coralife units would be 600.00 so I don't see its as being much of a leap.

Cheers
Steve

T5HO is not as good as MH but it has a decent punch to it.

Are you looking to "add on" or replace your current set up? What coral species exactly do you want to keep?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom