I was so excited I forgot to ask.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizzybeas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought my first real coral today. After 5 long months, I wanted to be sure everything was ready!. I have a few ricordia and shrooms but bought an open brain coral. (Metallic, very cool! ) I forgot to ask if I was supposed to feed it! I know it will get a lot of its needs from the halides, but does it need anything else? I also feed my tank DT's plankton daily. Is this enough? 8O

Look at night and you should see it put feeder tentacles out, this is when you should feed it, just place it in the tentacles. If you can place it near one of the mouths you may be able to get a feeding response during the day ;)

I have been looking at night but he shrivels up so much I can not see any tentacles. If I try during the day should I use a turkey baster? If I feed blender mush will he get enough from the tiny pieces?

If I feed blender mush will he get enough from the tiny pieces?

Probably, or you might notice when you add the mush it triggers a feeding response, and then you can give it something larger. You can also simply try putting the food on the coral close to one of it's mouths, IME, this will usually work as well.

Back
Top Bottom