I wonder if this thing work... Seachem Ammonia Alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think most ppl will know what this is. A little plastic disc thingy on the a suction cup.

Well I have gone through cycle without the Ammonia Alert changing color at all. I mean my ammonia was like... sky high for a good few days when I do the water testing and this thing from Seachem was like... no response. Stay yellow color all the time (well yellow means ammonia level at safe level).

I doubt if this thing works. I wouldn't suggest anyone buy it. A waste of $$$. Save you money for something else.

That's exactly what i use too roka. But what do you mean except ph? is it hard to read u mean or is it not accurate?

There is no prob for me using the ph test.

LOL! I have trouble telling what tint of purple it is. But that is just me.

I used one during cycling - it was useful, and did in fact show a reading with any levels of ammonia present. What bothers me is, without regular testing, how do you know its continuing to work once you have zero ammonia readings?

melosu58 said:
I`m the same way Scott. I have trouble on telling the colors. Comes with age.
melosu58 said:
I have trouble on telling the colors. Comes with age.

LOL! Hey now!! I'm not that old yet.....Besides, age is relative, right!

My Seachem Ammonia Alert changed color only during LR curing, when AP ammonia test kit results were above 1.0 ppm.

Back
Top Bottom