I would like to get a scooter blenny and another blenny prob bicolor or midias.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately, in my experience, 90% of them don't make it past 6 months. Some on this forum have been dedicated enough or lucky to keep them longer. But in general, there isn't a good out come. Coral Magazine did a great piece on them last year.

nikki_kaiser said:
Oh that bites! I actually called my LFS and asked about them because I'd seen you talk about it on another thread. He did guarantee that they would eat and said he would feed him in the store. If he eats in the store plus I have copepods I should be ok...right? LOL! EVERYBODY WANTS A MANDARIN!! Haha!

Bad idea. Unless your tank is literally full of pods dont get one.... It will most likely die. Yeah everyone wants one and almost everyone kills one. Its pretty sad if you think about it.

My mandarin ate a little at the store but when I got him home nothing. :-( Wouldnt eat anything but pods. I will say that getting the more expensive ORA ones was probably a help in getting mine to eat, so if you must have one I wouldnt get anything BUT an ORA one. I've had both my dragonets for over a year now and they both have gotten so big it's kinda crazy. lol

What I did was shut down the flow in the tank and target feed with a turkey baster frozen food of all kinds. I started with small frozen stuff like cyclopeez and worked my way up to brine and bloodworms. I also fed several times a day. The water quality suffered but it did the trick as far as them eating. Now a year later and the mandarin actually eats pellets as well as the bloodworms that he loves. The scooter doesnt eat pellets, but he also loves bloodworms.

It's hit or miss with these fish so just be certain you are prepared and ready to put in the time to get them eating frozen.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom