Ibrahim's 25g Mixed Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BallinCrew10 said:
Doesn't look like there's much room for LR. What's your plan there? If it were me I'd sell some of the fake stuff and use that money for the real deal lol. Going to be a awesome tank once its up and running.

I haven't picked it up yet but he said that he epoxied Fiji rock together and then bought coral and epoxied those on as well. But he also said that half of it is inserts. I was planning on using an eshopps wet dry filter I have along and instead of bioballs fill it with liverock. And for mechanical filtration I have a canister filter with a UV sterilizer

If just doing fish why not just use the bio balls that come with this filter? Would be a lot easier to clean than a compartment of LR?

Pschmitt said:
If just doing fish why not just use the bio balls that come with this filter? Would be a lot easier to clean than a compartment of LR?

It can lead to nitrates if disturbed. Nitrates can still harm fish.

Got my order today :D It was a little better than reefcleaners. I ordered 10lbs and got 15lbs and the rock is super porous. The only thing I can say I didnt like was the customer service but hey, everything can't be perfect. I also got my powerheads today

Attachments

• image-1640750410.jpg
    image-1640750410.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3320025270.jpg
    image-3320025270.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 85
carey said:
Very cool. :-D This was the reefrocks place right?

Yep. I'll be definitely be ordering again soon. Infact I'll be ordering 160lbs of sand for my 150g. I heard it's like pool filtersand but really white.

I was wondering if they would just sell the sand? I have enough rock already and their sand is only $15 for 40lbs I believe. i will need 80lbs for my 60g build soon. :)

carey said:
I was wondering if they would just sell the sand? I have enough rock already and their sand is only $15 for 40lbs I believe. i will need 80lbs for my 60g build soon. :)

They do sell the sand by itself. I like it because they wash it too.

woot! Thanks for the info. i am for sure gonna order the sand. Maybe sooner rather than later so I can get it done. lol I really have to start a build thread soon for this 60g tank, I keep buying stuff for it....hehe

carey said:
woot! Thanks for the info. i am for sure gonna order the sand. Maybe sooner rather than later so I can get it done. lol I really have to start a build thread soon for this 60g tank, I keep buying stuff for it....hehe

lol I feel the same about the 150g I'm picking up Sunday. I've ordered powerheads, t5 lights, 16oz Dr Tims one and only (It actually works!!! But only if you buy more than twice the recommended amount), and now I'll order the sand.

Wow, nice progress. i just put money down on the tank and stand yesterday so I still have a couple hundred more $$ to go. LOL And the sump and a skimmer maybe....the rest i have I think..

carey said:
Wow, nice progress. i just put money down on the tank and stand yesterday so I still have a couple hundred more $$ to go. LOL And the sump and a skimmer maybe....the rest i have I think..

Get an overflow from glass-holes I'm going to drill my 150g so I don't have to worry about my siphon breaking. And that horrid gurlgling. Anywho I finished my new aquascape and added a couple coral; an 6-8" leather Toadstool and 2 5-6" Kenya tree. I got low light coral since I still have a 2 bulb t5ho. Also the ph I have are craaazzy strong. One blows the sand in the air while the other flows the sand back down lol. I hope my coral open up though

Tank is pretty cloudy and coral are closed up but here are the pictures:

Attachments

• image-2504826652.jpg
    image-2504826652.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1679473336.jpg
    image-1679473336.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3397045189.jpg
    image-3397045189.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 76
Here are the pics.... The coral also opened up about half way and the water is a bit more clear. In a week I'll add another large Toadstool leather and a long tentacle leather.

Attachments

• image-946637420.jpg
    image-946637420.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 85
  • image-1071778463.jpg
    image-1071778463.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image-138103520.jpg
    image-138103520.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 102
Super excited!! In addition to the leathers I'm buying
-4-5" Zooanthids
-4" Green BTA
-4" Montipora
-4" Long tentacle plate coral
-3 Green hairy mushrooms
-3" Bubble or torch coral
-3" duncan coral
-4-5" Flower anemone
Coral I want to buy:
Torch
Frogspawn
Greenstar polyp
much more mushroom
Crocea clam
And give me more suggestions for coral that grow under 4 bulbs

Final stock for fish:
B&W clown
Occelaris clown
Lawnmower Blenny
Scissortail Goby
Blue or Domino or 3 striped Damsel
Mandarin Goby (when I have a good enough pod population)

OMG my domino damsel has hosted....................... MY HATIAN ANEMONE!!! I was surprised at first and thought he was being eaten but I tapped the glass and he darted away then came back to it a few seconds later. He did this 3 times!
First pic is him running away after I tap the glass
image-2556563346.jpg

Attachments

• image-3480380868.jpg
    image-3480380868.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom