Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #191
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've got a yellow one in my 125g thats been there a few months and a purple/blueish one in my 20g rimless. Both open up really well and the purple one is growing new stalks. I have 0 nitrates though and other parameters are stable as well. I think they say it takes months and months to make sure it's gonna make it so I'm still waiting. lol

Old 12-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #192
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I've got a yellow one in my 125g thats been there a few months and a purple/blueish one in my 20g rimless. Both open up really well and the purple one is growing new stalks. I have 0 nitrates though and other parameters are stable as well. I think they say it takes months and months to make sure it's gonna make it so I'm still waiting. lol
k Thanks I have 5 nitrates so I'll wait till they go down. Also do you think a rio 600 is too much flow for my refugium. The air pumps are making tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomuch noise.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #193
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also I got my filter today so Pictures and a review will follow. I was thinking of rigging the return line so it goes into my refugium then out the refugium
Old 12-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #194
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anyone?
Old 12-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #195
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim
Also I got my filter today so Pictures and a review will follow. I was thinking of rigging the return line so it goes into my refugium then out the refugium
Nice
Old 12-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #196
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

Nice
Lol thanks. What do you think about the return line?
Old 12-31-2011, 12:29 AM   #197
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok well I've got some updates! Ive added one blue damsel and I finally went out and bought chaetomorpha, grape plants, and maidens hair because I've gotten a super bad case of dinoflagellates. I also got the canister filter set up with ceramic rings and some kind of spongy carbon. I'm going to change out the ceramic rings and place rowaphos or phosban. Also I didn't need to go out and buy a $20 pump to draw water from my tank to refugium since my idea of putting my return line from my canister into my refugium is working. So it's like I got a canister filter for $10 (it costs 30). Anyways here are pictures. First is just an overview of my refuge, second is of how I've got the intake into my tank and return in my refugium. I've added filter floss since the flow was a bit strong and was blowing sand into my tank. Third pic is the canister filter and fourth is the water flowing back into my tank like an HOB filter. I know I've got my refugium filled with macroalgae but I need these phosphates and nitrates gone lol. You can see a bit of the algae in the third picture.
Sorry for my rant it's just that I haven't had an update in a while and this is to make up for it .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-937435601.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	67882   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3023722116.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	67883  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3488750598.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	67884   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2981246536.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	67885  

Old 12-31-2011, 03:23 AM   #198
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did a 50% WC and wow the tank is clear. And half of the Dinoflagellates is gone. Boy those are hideous..... I also added Redcyano rx by Blueline since it's helped me get rid of Cyanobacteria in 2 days when I first started this hobby. I really want to get rid of this thing so I can add corals and another clown.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #199
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did another 50% water change and almost all the dinoflagellates is gone So I may be able to add my other clown. I'm going to get two mechanic clowns or 2 true perc clowns.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:48 AM   #200
Aquarium Advice Freak

What's a mechanic clown? Never seen or heard of such a fish?

Tags
build, freshwater aquarium, pico, reef, reef build, saltwater, sharks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com