Ok well I've got some updates! Ive added one blue damsel and I finally went out and bought chaetomorpha, grape plants, and maidens hair because I've gotten a super bad case of dinoflagellates. I also got the canister filter set up with ceramic rings and some kind of spongy carbon. I'm going to change out the ceramic rings and place rowaphos or phosban. Also I didn't need to go out and buy a $20 pump to draw water from my tank to refugium since my idea of putting my return line from my canister into my refugium is working. So it's like I got a canister filter for $10 (it costs 30). Anyways here are pictures. First is just an overview of my refuge, second is of how I've got the intake into my tank and return in my refugium. I've added filter floss since the flow was a bit strong and was blowing sand into my tank. Third pic is the canister filter and fourth is the water flowing back into my tank like an HOB
filter. I know I've got my refugium filled with macroalgae but I need these phosphates and nitrates gone lol. You can see a bit of the algae in the third picture.
Sorry for my rant it's just that I haven't had an update in a while and this is to make up for it .