Ibrahim's 25g Mixed Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got some bad news :( I have to take apart the tank.

But I Also have good news :D I'm getting a upgrading to a Biocube 14g. I'm going to be ordering 13 pounds of rock from Reefcleaners and 2 Eco exotic LED Pro modules for lighting. And I'm going for black Sand with small white pebbles for substrate.

wow Bummer.... The tank the guy was trying to sell me was cracked -_- But on the good side I got a 18w Powercompact fixture which I retrofitted into my old hood. And got a 453nm blue stunner strip retrofitted in my hood aswell. I also got moonlighting too! I'm hoping to add my first LPS's this weekend and maybe a shrimp. Pics!!!
Eco Exotic Stunner Strip 453nm Blue:

View attachment 60659

Power Compact 50/50 18w:

View attachment 60658

Old lighting:

View attachment 60655

Moonlighting:

View attachment 60660

More updates on the tank. Bought a nice fake Pink SPS coral for only $2. I'll take it out when I am running out of space in the tank. I mainly got it because it glows under actinics! I also picked up a Blue Marina 6w LED and got a black backdrop. Lastly I'm going to get one more 6w Ecoexotic stunner strip 453nm blue and just a regular white and blue led strip. And hopefully I'll get my first shrimp tomorrow :D Pics up in a bit.

K so I placed an order for 2 reflectors for the stunner I have now and the stunner I'm getting in the future. That should double the output. So in total I'll have 12w PC and 24w LED. That's plenty enough for SPS and a clam right?

Added 3 frags today. One Duncan, one kenya tree, and a leather coral. Pics Here:

Kenya tree:
image-2743695781.jpg
Duncan coral:
image-1859938467.jpg
Leather Toadstool:
image-493356245.jpg

Sorry the frags weren't completely open because the lights just came on.

Lots of new stuff.
Went out a couple days ago and got an anemone which is doing great and in fact has been opening alot. Also bought
-One Misbar Occelaris Clownfish
-Peppermint Shrimp
-Hawaiin Feather Duster
-Arrow Crab
-Green Emerald Crab
-3 Red legged Hermit Crabs
Pictures will be up soon.

Ok, tank looks great and its inspiring me to setup my spare 10gallon, but...

A few things I've noticed,

Lionfish and triggers shouldn't be eating goldfish, they're actually pretty bad for them and can cause the lions to get lockjaw and starve.

Damsels and clowns need much more than a 5gallon tank. IMO no less than 20 for a single clown. You are WAY overstocked and with such little water volume you're going to see things go downhill very quickly.

Also, anemones need to be in a well established tank that's been running for a year. They also require stronger lighting than what you have.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I want this tank to work for you. Its looking good, I just think you might have rushed into stocking it a little too fast.

I would have to agree on the clown being too much for the tank. I figure you will move him once he gets too big?

i think a mini maxi nem would be ok in that size as long as the lighting is top notch. :)

What did you end up going with for the lighting?

Damsels are already gone. The only fish I have is the Clownfish which .5" and Yep I was planning on moving him to my reef tank when he reached around 1'' or so. Thanks for the info on the Lionfish and triggers as I didn't know that. And the lighting I have is a 6w LED Eco exotic stunner strip with a reflector, 12w compact, and a 6w Regular LED strip. I'm going to order one more Ecoexotic 6w LED with a reflector then thats going to be my lighting. It said the reflector should double my PAR so I'm hoping that'd be enough for SPS as well.

Ibrahim said:
Damsels are already gone. The only fish I have is the Clownfish which .5" and Yep I was planning on moving him to my reef tank when he reached around 1'' or so. Thanks for the info on the Lionfish and triggers as I didn't know that.

No problem. That's good news, I thought you were heading in a very bad direction lol. Any pics with all the latest additions?

Arrow Crab:
image-4101740086.jpg

Anemone:
image-3555891707.jpg

Misbar Clownfish:
image-1818618126.jpg

Hawaiin Feather Duster:
image-3388723969.jpg

Red Legged Hermit Crabs:
image-4144964456.jpg

FTS:
image-2659708525.jpg

I couldn't get a picture of the Peppermint Shrimp or the Emerald crab because they were hiding under a rock :( But I will get a picture.

Yea I recently added 2 emeralds and a peppermint to my tank to rebuild my CUC. I've seen 1 of the emeralds twice lol. Peppermint only shows himself at night.

Back
Top Bottom