Ibrahim's 25g Mixed Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TLTGF said:
+1 looking good. One suggestion, get a surge protector for your plugs. Those 3 into 1 are a fire waiting to happen.

Will go out and buy one today then. Thanks.

I agree, I also think that it look great! I am also still following! :) I have just been super busy this week (again, lol). I was going to comment last night, but I didn't get around to it.

None?? I also was wondering if there was any t5 bulb that is like half white half blue or a 20000k t5 bulb?

I went to buy replacement bulbs a few weeks ago. LFS didn't have any 10k so I bought a 18k. From what I understand its just more of a blue light. You'll get less algae growth and it looks soo much better. I'll be replacing the 10k bulbs with 18k in the fixture I'm buying after Christmas.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well its a pretty small tank... So some type of nano fish would work. A fire fish?

Yeah I understand that but I got the tank because of it's space lengthwise. So I thought I could add a few fish as long as the bio-load kept up with it. I like firefish too but aren't the aggressive?

BallinCrew10 said:
I went to buy replacement bulbs a few weeks ago. LFS didn't have any 10k so I bought a 18k. From what I understand its just more of a blue light. You'll get less algae growth and it looks soo much better. I'll be replacing the 10k bulbs with 18k in the fixture I'm buying after Christmas.

Thanks. I was just about to order the ATI Aquablue specials which is 15k. So an 18k and Actinic? Is that too much blue?

BallinCrew10 said:
I don't think so. Its what I currently have. Firefish aren't the least bit aggressive.

Good to know. Do you have a picture of the 18k bulb on your tank?

Ibrahim said:
Yeah I understand that but I got the tank because of it's space lengthwise. So I thought I could add a few fish as long as the bio-load kept up with it. I like firefish too but aren't the aggressive?

I dont think they are agressive at all. Maybe a type of goby?? A yellow watchman would be the best type. For another "swimming" fish i would probably get a type of cardnal fish. Orange striped or orange spotted would probably work.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I dont think they are agressive at all. Maybe a type of goby?? A yellow watchman would be the best type. For another "swimming" fish i would probably get a type of cardnal fish. Orange striped or orange spotted would probably work.

Thanks might go and buy one today lol

I looked at that canister filter and there was something about it that I heard that deterred me. i think it was too weak if remember correctly.

carey said:
I looked at that canister filter and there was something about it that I heard that deterred me. i think it was too weak if remember correctly.

Carey do you have any opinions about his stock list?

carey said:

Lol that was the exact opposite problem they had in the reviews about how it was so strong it destroyed his planted tank

Back
Top Bottom