Ibrahim's Evolve Pico Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ibrahim

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've sold off my 25g and bought an Aqueon Evolve 4. I plan on stocking the tank with:
-Clown Goby
-2 Peppermint Shrimp
-2 or 3 SW Ghost shrimp
-1 Coral Banded Shrimp
-1 Turbo Snail
-4 Nassarius Snails
-2 Nerite Snails
Coral:
Zooas
Frogspawn
Duncan
Hammer
Torch Coral
Hair Mushrooms
Blue mushrooms
And maybe a Long tentacle plate coral or some type of leather coral.
So far I love the tank. It's basically the 4g version of the bio cube but......it has REEF capable LEDs. The LEDs are 8w so you can grow LPS but not SPS or clams. It's got moonlights too. And I LOVE the shimmer effect. Ive got the sand in and some rock from my 150g. I don't like the rock (probably why it was in the 150g's wet/dry filter lol) so I'm going to buy cured rock from my LFS when I get the chance. I've added two drops of ammonia earlier and my tests so far are
Ammo: 2
Nitrite: 5
Nitrate: 0
I don't think the cycle is going to be long since I've got cured rock but we'll see.
In the back of the tank I've got filter floss, a sponge, and carbon for filtration and I'm looking for a way to mod it and add a refugium so if you know let me know :)

Attachments

• image-1863800603.jpg
    image-1863800603.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 478
  • image-2510012505.jpg
    image-2510012505.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 365
Wow those are terrible iphone pictures. I'll take better pictures with my Nikon later. My tests were all zero except for nitrate which was 10-20. Did a water change and it's down to 5 so I added my coral banded shrimp and a Nerite snail.

The shrimp looks soo cool in the tank, here are pics

Attachments

• image-2661361633.jpg
    image-2661361633.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 383
  • image-2454756062.jpg
    image-2454756062.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 414
The shrimp looks soo cool in the tank, here are pics

Nice choice, I might get a pair of some Coral Banded Shrimp for my 125g. :) I don't know if I would add any other shrimp with it though. I hear the Coral Bandeds will kill other shrimp in their tank (including eachother unless you have a mated pair).

Hondatek said:
The shrimp in the small tank makes it look like you have a giant one in there lol. I like it.

Thanks, that's why I went with the CB shrimp. And he's not full size yet lol You should get a reef tank too. Maybe an Aqueon Evolve 8 for your office, kitchen, or bedroom. Mine is going into the kitchen. The LEDs are just soo cool!!

redsea said:
Nice choice, I might get a pair of some Coral Banded Shrimp for my 125g. :) I don't know if I would add any other shrimp with it though. I hear the Coral Bandeds will kill other shrimp in their tank (including eachother unless you have a mated pair).

I know :( but I'm going to acclimate some ghost shrimp to SW or get SW ghost shrimp and see how they do. If they survive then I'll add 2 peppermint shrimp and a cleaner shrimp.

I have a empty 45 gallon l that's just asking for trouble lol. I don't know about lighting and what corals I would be able to keep.

Hondatek said:
I have a empty 45 gallon l that's just asking for trouble lol. I don't know about lighting and what corals I would be able to keep.

I can help you with that lol Go for it!

I know :( but I'm going to acclimate some ghost shrimp to SW or get SW ghost shrimp and see how they do. If they survive then I'll add 2 peppermint shrimp and a cleaner shrimp.

Yeah. On the other hand I have also heard stories of success keeping the CBS with other shrimp. I guess it all depends on the personality of the shrimp. :)

redsea said:
Yeah. On the other hand I have also heard stories of success keeping the CBS with other shrimp. I guess it all depends on the personality of the shrimp. :)

I hope it works out otherwise the CB will go and I'll get a cleaner, fire shrimp, and 2 peppermint shrimp. I might get a couple coral today too.

Ibrahim said:

I'm currently acclimating some ghost shrimp to salt water. It's going well so far!

Sniperhank said:
I had a CB and he made it a point that no other shrimp or crabs lived in the tank. They can be quite a handful.

I think I'll take the chance. The ghost shrimp or 6 for $1 so it's worth a shot.

HPballer76 said:
this is making me want to do an evolve build! my roommate has one for her betta. definitely a cool tank. following along!

Thanks, you really should. It's a great tank that has everything except rock and sand!

Back
Top Bottom