icecap 660

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onebadgsx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just picked up my new 660 ballast for 145 from the LFS but i cant get it to work properly. its wired up for 4 lamp operation but it will not stay lit. two lamps come on and go right back off and the other two never come on. i checked all the lamps they are good. double and triple checked the wiring cant see and problems.

Are the wired conected using screw type connectors? If so I would take them appart try to seperate the wire threads into 2 or 3 strands twist them with the connecting wire split the same way then screw the connector on and use electrical tape. If your using butt splice connectors and they were pinched too tightly it could break a couple of threads restricting conductivity. I hope this helps if your wiring is correct and it still doesn't work try another ballast.

I know that mine did this when I had the wiring in an electrical short. Mine shorted out when I put a metal reflector under the bulbs and endcap and I guess the wiring and the reflector where in contact at some point.

Definitely double check the wiring, but the last time I saw something like that with an IceCap the ballast was bad. I would return it for a new one.

i brought the 660 back to the lfs and the ballast ended up being bad got a new one and everything works great.

Back
Top Bottom