Icecap woes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganj

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need some advice on an Icecap ballast. I picked up two of them with the 110g tank. One is a 430 and has a large scorched spot on the circuit board. Perceptive fellow that I am, I quickly deduced that this was not a good thing :) and will send it back to Icecap for repair. The other is a 660. It seems in good condition. It was wired up to four 48" tubes. When I plug it in, and I have checked all the wiring, one of the bulbs will start to glow just for a second and then nothing. The ballast makes a bzzzt sound as you plug it in. I know they all make a noise on startup and wasn't too worried about that. Is there an easy way to test this thing? Could I wire it up to a couple of new NO bulbs to see if it will light them? I'm not sure the bulbs I have are any good and don't want to buy new VHO tubes just to check the ballast.
Logan J

I have the 660 Ice Cap ballast. When mine comes on I don't hear anything at all. If the NO bulbs don't work either I would send that back for repair also.

Back
Top Bottom