Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you still haven't found proof that a fallow period and QT treating fish works then check back with me in a month and I will show you an ich free tank after I transfer my 20 reef over.

I never argued about the QT treatment. The point I am making is that if one has a large tank full of fish, what would be an option if it is infected with ich and there is no way to move them all to a QT?

If that is the question then that is not the only two choices. A UV would be another option. Feeding algae based foods would be another. If it was me I would go the UV light way on an ich outbreak. Not trying to discount anyone's experience. There is more than one way to do things in this hobby. If garlic worked for you then I am glad.

A UV is good when supplemented with garlic. If only by itself depending on the severity of the ich, it may be too late before fish starts dying. I'm sure you understand that all your water doesn't really pass through the UV and the ich can attach to rocks and sand. So it would be impossible to eradicate it with just a UV alone. Feeding with algae based food is similar to garlic treatment. They are both herbal and increases immune system which is fine and I do both (even until now) but just forgot to mention about it.

If that is the question then that is not the only two choices. A UV would be another option. Feeding algae based foods would be another. If it was me I would go the UV light way on an ich outbreak. Not trying to discount anyone's experience. There is more than one way to do things in this hobby. If garlic worked for you then I am glad.

A uv light isn't going to do anything for ich because the life cycle of the cysts they reside on the sand bed or the fish most of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom