Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-24-2005, 02:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

ich quick fix?

My blue tang had a couple spots about a week ago and then they went away. Today he has spots all over. I started feeding him that recipe of shrimp,clams,ETC. with some garlic, but is there something else that will get rid of the ich quickly without killing coral?

Old 04-24-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ximat
There is no quick fix for ich

Your best bet is to QT and use Hypo or Copper to erradicate teh Ich. Leaving your tank fallow for 4-8 weeks.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Old 04-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ximat
I felt the same way when i got Ich in my tank. I searched high and low for a invert safe way to erradicate it. After doing a lot of research I found it would be must more cost effective, and time effective to QT.

It cost me 5 bucks for a bottle of CopperSafe. All those "Coral-Safe" ich treatments run you upwards of 30 bucks. That doesn't gurantee the ich gone either I read someone that had to do three treatments of coral safe stuff before the ich was gone, and he still wound up getting it back a week later. So he dropped 90 bucks for nothing.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:34 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just used hypo on my Purple tang. Time in QT is all it cost me. When the fish finally enters my main in a week it will be 8 weeks in QT (1 week before treatment, 1 week to get to treatment levels, 4 weeks at treatment level, 1 week to bring the tank back up and 1 week insurance). I'm so glad he started out in my QT or I would have had all of my fish in QT and I don't relish the thought of catching them!

Ich cycles that way and just when you think you're in the clear it is back in full force. Good luck getting rid of it!

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ich, ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com