Ick and inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marcquez08

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had a fish die in my tank due to ick. So I am leaving the tank empty of fish for 6-8 weeks. From my understanding inverts can get ick. So would it be ok to buy a fireshrimp or a peppermint shrimp and not have to worry about giving a host to the ick parasite?

Any input is greatly appreciated

I had a fish die in my tank due to ick. So I am leaving the tank empty of fish for 6-8 weeks. From my understanding inverts can get ick. So would it be ok to buy a fireshrimp or a peppermint shrimp and not have to worry about giving a host to the ick parasite?

Any input is greatly appreciated
I think you meant "can't" ;),,and your correct,,well ,,for the most part..
Inverts can still bring it into your system ..The ich can just hitch a ride on them...,,but they cannot host it..So ,yes you can add shrimp ,but i would start my fallow process after the last invert is added

Oh ok it's been fallow for 2 weeks now I should just hold out. My cycling just finished!!!!! I'm stoked so I think I'm just going to focus on keeping my parameters perfect to promote coralline growth.

Oh ok it's been fallow for 2 weeks now I should just hold out. My cycling just finished!!!!! I'm stoked so I think I'm just going to focus on keeping my parameters perfect to promote coralline growth.
(y),thats what i would do...

Back
Top Bottom