ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Bought this yesterday as in an acan. Is it a specific type or does it have any special needs? Thank you!

image-3197301610.jpg

image-2457446912.jpg

Last edited:
I only know them as Acan or Lord Acan. I've been told low-moderate light and flow, probably lower light than flow. I bought a very similar frag at my LFS too! Have wanted one for awhile!

View attachment 80021

Acan

As far as any other care, I was told with acceptable light and water parameters, one of the easier corals to care for. I think that's why they are pretty pricey as far as a colony is concerned, they don't die easy so you usually won't be buying it again, unlike members of the Gorgonian family! Gorgonians are beautiful, and relatively cheap, with minor exceptions, but good luck keeping them!

Like your color better, looks like some blue/green and pink to it! Mines mostly orange and grey. Keep me posted, want to see it in a year!

Acan lord = Acanthastrea lordhowensis = 1 of 12+ species. This is the popular name for collectors and distributors to attach to them, but it is in no way a positive ID.

Do these split and create new heads or do they just start up baby ones? I have noticed small indentions in one of the heads. Splitting?

Back
Top Bottom