Idea For Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eb0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
6248filter.jpg

Tell me what you think.

I havent decided which way the waterflow will go yet.

I think the water should flow from right to the left. consider putting some bioballs where the water first enters the sump.. good for surface area and extra filtration. I've seen them somewhere

6248filter_copy.jpg

Updated, took out the foam filter and replaced with bioballs.

I plan on using water pumps that are around 660 gph @ 10 ft, and a berlin protein skimmer.

Anyone have any other suggestions or ideas?
Im open to anything :)

Hello eb0 and welcome to AA. If this is for a reef I suggest removing all media. Meaning no bioballs or foam filters at all. Bio material tend to provide a breeding ground for excessive nitrates. Could you clarify what type of system this is for?

HTH,
R-

I'll second the idea of removing the foam/bioballs. Bio filtration isn't likely an issue if you've got a lot of water movement over live rock. If they aren't needed for bio filtration, why have them?

Well, me and sump head amazingly have the exact same tank.. lol

another thing us hoosiers have in common.

it's goin to be a fowlr tank until i can afford to get good enough lighting for coral/anenomes.

right now i have 2 crappy lil oceansun 10,000k 40 watt fl's in there.

right now i have a fluval 404 filtering my tank, but my water still appears sorta cloudy at times, so im wondering if i need more mechanicle filtering or what?

eb0....if you just set the tank up, and you are using a new substrate like aragonite, that could be the reason for your cloudy water. If that is the case, it will clear up in a week's time or so.

Back
Top Bottom