ideal sand-sifter goby for a 38 gallon tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

proverbs

Aquarium Advice Activist
i was looking for a goby that stays on the sand for my 38 gallon tank. i currently have 2 MYS clownfish and some snails and crabs with LR.

any suggestions? can i get 2, or is 1 enough?

Maybe you can consider a shrimp goby with a pistol shrimp. The shrimp will move alot more sand then the goby could ever do. You could also add like 10 nassarius snails to help out. The sand sifters ability to sift the sand is rather weak compared to the ability that other marine friends have. Plus the symbiosis between the shrimp and goby is really quite awsome.

If you do really want a sand sifting goby I personally like the engineer goby.

Dragon goby is the best sifter IMO. Mine turns the sand over in my tank about every other day

I really like my court jester goby. He is not considered a sand sifter but he does take a bite of sand occasionally.

My diamond goby is moving so much sand that my lr is drifting to the bottom of the tank and rearranging the whole tank. I come home to piles of sand and holes all over the place. I like the fact that she is turning over the sand I just didn't think she would be such a homewrecker.

My twin spot goby turns over alot of sand. He cleared up my algae covered sand overnight. Very cool looking as well. They're also known as the 4 wheel drive goby because of their black ventral and anal fins.

Diamond goby is very good for sand sifting. Infact that's how they eat! Only problem is that sometimes their sifting and powerhead currents create a bit of a sand storm.

isn't the dragon goby for freshwater?

and i heard that the diamond goby needs a tank bigger than 40 gallons.

that leaves me with the two spot goby.

do i ever need to feed the goby's seperately? or can they just live by eating off the sand?

I have what my LFS called a dragon goby. I looked on Live aquaria and could not find a pic of one so I really dont know. He is Black, gray and white. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom