Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by melosu58 View Post
Remember too that seahorses really need to be the only thing in the tank as far as fish. If they have fish they will not get to eat as the fish will outcompete the seahorses for food. I had seahorses in a 29 gallon tank for awhile. You could also think about dwarf seahorses. Another thing you need to think about seahorses is that the water temp needs to be around 72-74.
melosu, I talked to an LFS (not my normal LFS) about seahorses because he had them in stock and he told me that the 8g biocube would be suitable for the dwarf ones. he said 1 pair would do ok in the 8g and as long as they are alone. I would be able to have some LR and maybe some soft corals and thats about it. I did read that they need low water temps. any other advice?

Vote AA!
Sharkbait430 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules